Rail fence provides complete visual access and is great for defining property boundaries, especially on large tracts of land. Rail fence is composed of sections of vertical posts and two (2) or three (3) rails.
Common applications for rail fencing include large estate property boundary definition, pasture and field enclosures and automobile guardrails. This style fence is used in residential, municipal and commercial applications. Rail fence is available in the following styles:
- 2, 3 or 4-Rail Dowel: Round posts drilled to accept round rails with doweled ends that butt together at the joint in the post.
- 2, 3 or 4-Rail Ranch: Half round posts drilled to accept half round paddled rails that slide by each other in the post.
- 2, 3 or 4-Rail Lincoln: Round posts drilled to accept paddled rails that slide by each other in the post.
- 2, 3 or 4-Split Rail Lawn Paddle: Rustic half posts drilled to accept hand split paddled rails that slide by each other in the post.
- 3 or 4-Rail Horse Fence: Heavy rustic half post and heavy round or hand split paddled rails. This style of fencing is commonly used for horse, cattle or other large animal corrals.
We offer our material in two styles. We are also the only carrier of hand peeled rustic cedar material in the region.
- Rustic Cedar: The bark on this rustic cedar material is pulled off by hand, leaving behind knots and displaying the natural contours of the wood. This material is not available by other installers in the region.
- Smooth Cedar: This material is peeled by machine for a smooth consistent finish.
Whether your needs are simple or complex we’ll work with you to put together an accurate estimate. Our detailed estimates will ensure you know exactly what you’re paying for—materials and labor.